Dear Friends of Woodsmoke:
Preparations are ongoing for Woodsmoke XLII. See the bulleted items below for some things unit leaders will need to know to get ready for Rendezvous this year.
- Rendezvous Work Day has been scheduled for 9:00 am on Saturday, November 5th, 2022 at McDaniel Farms. Directions to the site are available by clicking here. We are asking all troops to plan to be represented at Work Day, as there should be lots to do to prepare! The Brigade is planning to have a limited amount of firewood available (in the form of hardwood slabs) for those troops who want it. This will be available to troops who show up for Work Day, and will last until the supply is exhausted.
- Troops will be allowed to start setting up camp starting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (November 26th). This is the weekend prior to Woodsmoke.
- Woodsmoke Rendezvous will be held at McDaniel Farms on the first full weekend of December, December 2 – 4, 2022. The schedule of events for the weekend will be posted soon. Some of the Saturday morning events will change from last year, and Saturday afternoon will include several Indian games the Scouts will be sure to enjoy. These will take place before the Trade Blanket.
- Last year the Brigade instituted a “Waiver & Release of Liability Claims and Assumption of Risk Acknowledgment” form in an effort to protect both the landowners and the Woodsmoke Brigade from legal action stemming from any and all injuries which might occur at Woodsmoke. The form is available by clicking here. ALL persons attending Woodsmoke must submit a signed copy of this form at the Registration tent before entering camp. Youth release forms must be signed by a parent. Please have all Scouts access the form online, print out the form, and then complete and sign it, including the parent’s signature. It would be great if these forms could be turned in at Work Day, but we are not requiring that. Do not rely on the Scribe having forms available at Registration on December 2nd! Be Prepared! We do not want to have to turn people away at Woodsmoke because we don’t have a signed release!
- The Woodsmoke XLII Preregistration form is now available by clicking here, and is due to the Scribe by November 15th, including a check for your preliminary attendees. The registration fee is again $20 per person; a late fee of $5 per person will be charged for registrations received after November 15th. Please call The Woodsmoke Scribe at 334.494.2433 if you have any questions about preregistration or fees for Woodsmoke.
The Woodsmoke Brigade is looking forward to another great time of fun and fellowship at Rendezvous! We hope to see you there!